Sunday, July 21, 2013

alt-J



Some of my favorite things right now:
  • alt-J (∆) - With vocals reminiscent of Smashing Pumpkins, my head is swimming with this alt-rock bands' songs constantly.  I'm addicted to their layered sounds, harmonies, and melodious hooks.  Not to mention, a cappella interlude tracks!
  • Good Job Brain - my favorite podcast that really solidified my desire to listen to podcasts at all.  It's such a great way to learn trivia because they bring you anecdotal details in an educational way: diving deep enough into several different topics around a theme, talking about details in a succinct story format that gives you what you'd want to know, with lots of short quizzes thrown in. And they're all usually very fascinating, but that shows how much of a nerd I am. It also really helps that the four hosts have such a great report with each other.
  • War of Words 2 - it's really unfortunate this is only available on iOS devices.  Such an immersive word game!  Check out the trailer:

1 comment:

Steve HK said...

So much cool geekiness, so little time!