Sunday, March 30, 2008

Friday, March 21 - Trip to England Day 0

Sarah, the kids, I got back from our trip to England today. With England just switching over to daylight saving time this morning, and the 6 hour timezone difference, it made today a long day. Anyway, I'm pleased to provide a day-by-day journal of our trip. I wrote entries for each day on my new Palm Centro (the successor to the Treo) I got just a couple days before we left. My Zire had died a few weeks ago and we decided now would make the most sense for me to get a mobile phone and have it with us on our trip--and it did prove to be helpful. Overall, I'm happy with the Centro, despite the lack of graffiti. It doesn't take too long to get used to the mini keyboard, and I suppose is faster to use than graffiti, although I never did master that.

I'll try to post an entry for each day, a day at a time. We took a decent amount of pictures. I'll try to download those and have them ready for each post. Although we didn't actually get to England on the first day of our trip, here it is, day zero: Friday, March 21:

Left for Chicago to stay overnight at a hotel while Tim worked on gutting the bathroom in our house. Of course the weather refused to cooperate, and like it seams every year, we had one last final snow storm at the end of March. The snow was coming down fast making it hard for the plows to keep up so it took twice as long to get there as it normally would.

After we checked in at 5pm we took the kids swimming and they had fun. We grabbed some free popcorn and pretzels for a bed time snack and ordered in room service, which actually turned out to be pretty good food (the dinner, not the popcorn--the kids ate that). Since the kids had naps on the way down, it took them a while to go to sleep. This seemed to be a theme for most

No comments: