Thursday, December 21, 2006

Don't see Happy Feet

Happy Feet didn't make me feel happy despite the activist statement the movie tried to make. Pros: lots of good music, cool roller-coaster ride type sequences, and the best CGI humans I've seen yet. Cons: Not much for plot, too much penguin time & not enough time for the other sea-based creatures, and a hokey ending.

We took Norah & Dejaquan to see the movie for Dejaquan's 5th birthday, the night before his actual birthday. With Norah being 2, she didn't last all the way through, and I ended up spending 1/3 of the movie with her in the lobby. I don't remember seeing a single creature actually die in the movie, which is better than most Disney movies.

We went to the music instrument store nearby afterwards and bought them each a recorder. It sounded like Happy Feet singing in our house then that night. You'd have to see the movie - oh wait, I told you to not see it. Uh, then I should say it sounded like a dieing penguin in our house that night.

No comments: